Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Purpose

The idea for this blog came the way most ideas pop into my conscious consideration:
1) Working on something important
2) Brain not entirely engaged with said activity because
3) Brain is busy simultaneously:
    - Thinking about how to solve a problem
    - Coming up with ideas for photography
    - Ruminating on the vast store of C. S. Lewis quotes fluttering around in my mind
    - Indulging my insatiable interest in technology and the nearly limitless possibilities it offers
4) Brain re-converges with previously mentioned primary important activity.
5) Idea explodes as a possible solution to nagging problem.
6) Primary activity ceases and physical activity increases as perceptual inklings take actual shape...

I'm starting this new blog as a way to combine an existing ritual (which has not enjoyed the regularity it was intended to experience) with my inevitable propensity to gravitate towards editing pictures and musing about life as the day comes to a close. I want to use that tendency as a way to channel my thinking towards beauty, towards truth, and ultimately toward God through those means. So what will this blog look like? An entry every day chronicling three (or more) things that I am grateful for: things that were beautiful...ways that I saw God. Sometimes I will post pictures I've taken. Sometimes I will post pictures I found that struck a chord and made my heart happy.  But it is my goal that every day I will choose to train my eyes towards Christ through beauty in this way. So feel free to join me in this journey...it's mostly for my heart. But it's also for anyone else who longs to drink in the things which God has placed in our lives to enjoy, and who desires, with me, to find the courage to take it to heart with the joyful gusto it deserves.

Are you ready? Let's Roll...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rebecca: I do not make faces when i study. Love, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melody,

    A) that comment was totally unrelated

    B) you DO make faces when you study.

    C) I love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete