Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 15

I'm glad, really, that I have to do this at night. Not because it results in a quality post. But because it is one of the times when I feel least grateful. It's ridiculous because it would seem that from such a vantage point life would shine most brilliantly. It is the time when the dust has settled a little and looking back can actually yield some perspective. But I will admit that up until this project my tendency has been to lapse into a slump which allows me to only see the sparks still spluttering upward from the day. This project takes my eyes off of todays discomforts and tomorrows monotony and puts it back where it should be: not only on the immense good which pervades every part of my life but also widens the zoom, placing everything back in perspective. Or at least a few things. It at least ditches the macro setting on my brain.

So today:

1) A beautiful walk taking in this flush of spring:






2) A beautiful time with my mom over lunch. Sweet time together....so much longed for. 

3) Getting to mow the lawn today. I know it sounds funny but its one of my favorite things to do. Just so invigorating. And today was a great day for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment