Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 13 and 14 (cheating?)

I figure double gratefulness won't hurt me :P So first, here's yesterday:

1) A super fun time hanging out with my brother studying. He was working on Grammar homework. I was thankful to see that after college I was actually equipped to answer a question for him here and there...a far cry from the miscreant little 6th grader I once was who may or may not have failed grammar altogether that year and had to repeat it. Thank you Dr. Kriner for those infuriating grammar quizzes of yours. It seems they finally worked!! :)

2) An enjoyable scrabble game while babysitting. Bother it all if my 12 year old opponent didn't pull a Bingo on me for 50 points right out of the gate!!

3) Lunch at a little hometown mexican restaurant...which coincidently has the best coke in town :D


Annnnnnnd today (Thursday):

More little things seem to come to mind:

1) Sweet tea: I find myself drinking a LOT of it these days. There's actually a fresh made pint of it (used to be a pint of it...now more like a half-pint) sitting beside me in a mason jar. Yeah classy - I know. But it just tastes good out of that old screw-topped lip.

2) My windows-down ride home today.

3) Making it through the entire Fugue from Bach's Partita No. 1. Shew!!!

4) A phrase from this week's memory passage:

"Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as scripture has said, rivers of living water shall flow from within them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment