Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 3



Courage. What does courage mean? Sometimes it means doing the next thing to stay afloat. Other times it means taking on things that could be set aside for another day or avoided all together by compromise. And sometimes courage means not rushing ahead but waiting patiently in faith, confident in the One who presides over the past, the present and every detail of the future. I love to remember the words King Tirian spoke to Jill during the darkest moments of the final chapters of C.S. Lewis' The Last Battle.  "Courage child, we are all between the paws of the true Aslan." As simple as they are, these are words I have copied out, read and re-read, cried over and clung to. Today I turned to the truth in them again.

I could record many many beautiful moments from today's perfect weather, memorable food and pleasantly quiet morning. But the most significant things I find myself grateful for are moments of undeserved courage found in my ever gracious God.

1) Courage to write a firm and difficult letter I didn't want to write

2) Courage to do battle with treasured things and treasured hopes that mean more to me than Christ. 

3) Courage to come back to truth when I feel like running away from the ache of the struggle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment