Sunday, April 17, 2016

Picnics, Kiddos and other Happy Things


A quiet Sunday night at home cleaning, coloring and listening to Bonhoeffer


Tuesday Breakfast at home


Tuesday night blueberry yum yums


Wednesday morning concert work and wonderful FaceTime bible study with Mum


Wednesday Picnic with Mrs. Nicely from my bible study 




Wednesday night dinner with Zachary


Thursday morning I lead (the last) Concert meeting as coordinator! I'm grateful that it went well (and that it is finished :) After the meeting, I went out to Morton again with Annie, Clara and their friend Britt




Sparkling Martinelli's cider was just the thing :) 



Clara certainly got her exercise! (And ate almost all the flat bread)



<3

Friday's spring weather needed a spring dress :) 


On my break, I needed to do some concert prep but I couldn't stand to be inside so I took it out to Morton to work. I discovered my tree in bloom!!

This is generally how I felt about it :) 






Friday night, Zachary came out to Wheaton for a while where I was (still) doing concert prep after bible study ... it was a very happy and refreshing end to a good but full day.

Saturday morning we had our dress rehearsal for All Festival Concert next week




Saturday evening, Abbie and I had a much anticipated girls night at home. She had been home all day, so the house smelled deliciously of fresh air and clean things :) 

We decided to add one more delicious smell to that list :)


Sunday morning was gorgeously warm and sunny so I got to enjoy a cup of Abbie coffee on the front porch before church 


Church was very refreshing and afterwards, I got to go with Zachary, his mom and dad to watch Zachary's younger brother play basketball. It was pretty exciting and lots of fun :) 

After the game, we had a little time to kill before the String Academy Recital so we got Mochas and took a walk around Barrington in the sunshine

Next stop was to see Maggie play the Barber Concerto at the SAC recital. I'm so very proud of the work she has done to get to this performance! Wow!

After the recital, there was plenty of sunshine left so we decided to go by Whole Foods for some bread and cheese and fruit (and surprisingly delicious olives) and eat them at Morton. After plenty of encouraging conversation, our fill of delicious food and a ramble through the daffodil fields we headed back west. A very refreshing start to a new week. May Christ be honored in it above all!

















1 comment: