Sunday, April 10, 2016

A heart full...

 Snapshots of the beautiful spring back home in Virginia from Daniel. Isn't this shot stunning!?! 
(P.C. Daniel Weddle)


Downton Night :) 

Getting ready for a full Monday

This fantastic book has been so life-giving this week. By now (Sunday), I'm about halfway through and every bit of it has been fascinating, refreshing and challenging. 

Tuesday morning breakfast at home

Beautiful sketch at the Wise Penny

Bow Shopping with my student Haley

Teaching Song Form (AABA'BA') to one of my Littles. She's helping. She decided the farmers needed bigger beards and she's drawing samples for my approval. 

For better or worse, I discovered I like chocolate covered espresso beans Tuesday Evening. ;)

The Mystery Jar for group class. Or as some of my student's like to call it, "The Jar of DOOM!"

Wednesday Night, Zachary and I drove down to Chicago for a thoroughly enjoyable show at the historic Jazz Showcase where Dextor Gordon and so many others have played over the years. 




The gentle candlelight made even our Cokes glow and sparkle nobly 



A triumphant moment: great, relaxed bow hold and straight bow with good posture. The "yes" moments that result from these kids hard work are so precious to see!!


Thursday's (very yummy) dinner at home

Friday morning had an early lesson and then a few hours of concert planning over brunch


A few more hours of work in one of my old haunts in the Library. So many happy memories there! Good coffee in a very happy cup helped make a few more that afternoon!

Friday night, Abbie, Zachary and I all got to attend Wheaton College's production of Handel's Messiah. It was so incredibly refreshing!! The heart soared with stunning music and the beautiful scripture passages sank in deeply. I can't wait to listen through it again slowly this week!

After the concert we all went to Fire and wine for tea and "a smackerel of something" 



Saturday was a long but satisfying teaching day, divided in half by lunch: my new favorite sandwich, almond butter and honey. 

After work, I drove through the countryside, all aglow with an indescribable sunset to spend the evening with the young adults group from Zachary's church. Glimpses of secret glades of bluebells beyond the trees and silver ponds smiling back the gentle evening light took my breath away. I wished I could stop to take pictures, but I don't suppose my camera or my photographic talents could have come close to capturing the glory of that place. I don't think I'll ever forget that drive.

The fellowship was sweet, easy and refreshing. I truly enjoyed the time spent with members of the group and look forward to hopefully getting to know them a bit better over the next few months. One young lady in was particularly a blessing: so full of grace, light and joy.



Zachary invited me to join him for church today where he attends at Village Church of Barrington and I came away so encouraged. The text was from the end of the Sermon on the Mount and the topic was prayer. So much of the Character of God was celebrated and held up for worship before being practically applied. A solid foundation for faith and hope. On the way home I got to use a Trader Joe's   gift card that a student surprised me with this week. Small blessings from God through others sometimes feel like huge blessings. 

The rest of the day has been delightfully quiet: talking to those I love, cleaning, reading, listening to good music (and the gentle rain outside) and drinking super delicious coffee. I'm so thankful for Sundays to stop, breathe and reset before the busyness of a new week descends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment