Wednesday, September 12, 2012

09/12/12 Wednesday

Today was quite a day. A splitting headache and a car that wouldn't start were two details I hadn't planned on. It would have been the busiest driving day I will probably have for the next month or so. (Class, home for lunch, to Student 1's house for lesson, back to campus for a meeting, out to Geneva to teach another lesson and spend time with dear friends before heading back to Wheaton for a rehearsal.) It was a day that was neatly scheduled but had no room for unexpected things.

But yet I can honestly say that I am so grateful for each part of this day!!

1) Thanks to my love for coke, I was headed out 30 min early to my lesson so I could stop by for a fountain drink and therefore had time to walk to my first lesson rather than drive.

2) Instead of driving out to Geneva, I got to ride out (for the first time!) with Lindsey which was such an unexpected pleasure!!

3) The time in Geneva was truly refreshing. Words can't adequately communicate my gratefulness for and to that family...

I was also so grateful to see the work of God manifest in my own heart today amidst these small unexpected details. Those of you who know me well know that historically these sort of small things can tend to get me pretty flustered. But today, I could see a small measure of growth in being able to take things as they came, not worry about what I couldn't control and even savor the turn of events. That, my friends, is a work of God in this frail and selfish heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment