Tuesday, September 11, 2012

09/11/12 Tuesday

1) Thankful for being a bit sick today. Just a little sniffly thing which kept me rather weak and tired all day. I am finally coming to see why many people wiser than myself have taken pleasure in these "interruptions" to life. Spending much of the day resting and doing homework from my bedroom in preparation for a busy day tomorrow was such a needed pacesetter for my heart. And after orchestra rehearsal tonight I drove out to Nelsons Lake for some time alone with God. (And yes, to the individual who witnessed to my route, I did take the long way by mistake. :P) The sunset was truly breathtaking...








 2) For everything about fall! I find myself constantly taken with delighted surprise at each new change presented to my senses. And each little detail brings with it such a host of treasured memories...



3) The following poem, familiar to many of you, I have found especially meaningful these last few days.

Love bade me welcome: yet my soul drew back, 
Guilty of dust and sin. 
But quick eyed Love, observing me grow slack
From my first entrance in, 
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning 
If I lacked anything. 

"A guest," I answered, "worthy to be here":
Love said, "You shall be he." 
"I, the unkind, ungrateful? Ah my dear, 
I cannot look on thee." 
Love took my hand, and smiling did reply,
"Who made the eyes but I?"

"Truth, Lord; but I have marred them; let my shame
Go where it doth deserve." 
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
"My dear, then I will serve."
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
So I did sit and eat. 

(George Herbert, 1633)



No comments:

Post a Comment