Sunday, April 15, 2012

Today: Picture overload warning!!

May I begin by saying I have been given explicit permission for the overload of pictures below. But before that:

1) Sweet time with my Mom this afternoon
2) Dear friends willing to remain engaged in my far from perfect life.
3) Home: Sometimes it hurts and its difficult but it is so beautiful and precious at the same time.

Okay pictures from today:

1) Speaking of home: I have so enjoyed the yard these last few weeks. As I have said before, I realize that  it's beauty is very much amplified in my heart because of the memories it holds and it's present dearness to my heart. To anyone else it is a 50's period white house that needs paint surrounded by pushes and old pine trees. But to me it is home. It's attic is my smugglers cave. It's porch is where I learned to paint my nails and have eaten countless chocolate almonds. The old cracked cement driveway has served as the untrod paths of my childhood adventures as well as the silent sharer of every barefoot summer starry night and the humble foundation for a carpet of cherry blossoms every spring.

Past the gate into my tiny backyard most would see a collection of camellias, an open board sandbox and a soccer goal. When I pad, barefoot, through that white picket gate and hear it clang behind me I enter the sphere that was my whole world for 12 years...the zone where there is somewhere still buried the remains of a much anticipated but never found prize to a treasure hunt. The place where many mud pie concoctions were formed. And best of all the old rope swing where I have thought most of my thoughts and met with God most significantly. And on it I have flown as high as I dared on blazing summer days, rushing through the air as though I owned it all, then dipping back again to let my waist long pigtails drag behind me as the world turned upside down just for me. This is home.


My Neighborhood? A typical slice of Virginia suburbia. But to me? 
These are from my walk through it tonight: this is what I see...






Opening my own wardrobe...




















No comments:

Post a Comment