Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday and Friday

Thursday
1) Getting to spend the afternoon and evening with these two fellas. Love them to pieces...

Brother love

For some reason, this little one was absolutely fascinated with my moccasins 

 He informed my quite decidedly last night that he wants to be a "worker man" when he grows up. Because he likes to be sweaty and likes to work hard. Looks like he's got his boots picked out.

(He took this one all by himself...and was immensely proud with the result :)

2) Helpful music input today. When I'm on an out of town trip I have a tendency to flip on the radio and end up listening to a mix of good lyrics and others that are not helpful because "its just on" and I do like the style even though it's feeding my soul with a self centered focus. So I was so thankful for the grace to be faithful in that area yesterday. It was such a blessing to again experience the joy that comes with obedience in these things that can seem small at the time but are so fundamental in the long run. 

3) A successful 30 min shopping trip for jeans. That is definitely the all time record for me. High enough, loose enough and - most amazingly - long enough is often a nonexistent combination. But it was there yesterday, was found in less than 30 min and only cost $7. Oh yeah!!! 

Friday

1) Finding a whole girl scout cookie in my thin mint icecream
2) A wonderful time focusing on passages of scripture that talk about the faithfulness of God.
3) I got a violin student today!! Looking forward to her first lesson of this summer on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment