Friday, April 6, 2012

The Last Four Days (18-21)

I've been somewhat delinquent lately in keeping up with this blog. Sometimes the thought process happened but I didn't get to my computer. One day I scribbled it into my journal just before falling asleep. It's been a particularly hard week - not an excuse, but true. In light of that, it's probably even especially important to make the effort of looking at the last few days carefully from a grateful perspective.

Monday: 
- Garlic Shrimp for Dinner
- Conversation in the evening: very difficult but really helpful in the long run.
- Hot tea late at night. So calming and hopelessly soporific  :)

Tuesday: 
- Sweet time listening to the Stabilizing Truths disc from the QNS course. Especially struck by the passages about God's desire for broken humility as more pleasing ultimately than perfect sacrifice. It is almost a strange thought to think that I could, in His strength, be found in a heart posture that delights Him. Also interesting that this posture does not involve acquiring some virtue but only reaching a point of complete, open dependance on Christ. This is the dependance that recognizes its total incapacity to please the Father and, by doing so, delights Him.
- Some good work on college planning work...those details drive me nuts and often end in frustration rather than success so I was truly thankful for this progress.
- Enjoyable conversation with a friend in the evening...some good perspective.

Wednesday: 
- The opportunity to make a bit of money
- A spontaneous afternoon trip to Sonic  (Happy Hour = Half Price Drinks) with my Mom. We got our cokes and then moseyed our way home by the back roads.  Another worthwhile conversation
- Progress in Lesson Planning for later this summer.

Thursday: 
- Time with Mimi tramping around Lone Star Lakes and talking. Thankful for good friends.
- Some productive studying in the afternoon despite distracting factors beyond my control.
- My mom and I both randomly hankering for Key Lime Pie after dinner and just up and making some.


No comments:

Post a Comment