Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Advent: Day 4

Advent: Day 4


Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy.
According unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies remove my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquities, and cleanse me from my sin.

I knowingly confess my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against Thee only have I sinned, and done evil before Thee: that they may be justified in Thy sayings, and might they overcome when I am judged.

But behold, I was formed in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, Thou desires truth in my inner most being: and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.

Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, make me whiter than snow.

Open my ears and make me hear of joy and gladness: and my bones that have been humbled shall rejoice. Turn away Thy face from my sins: and remember not all my misdeeds.

Create in me a clean heart, O God: and make anew a righteous spirit within my body.

Do not cast me away from Thy presence: and take not Thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

I will teach those that are unjust Thy ways: and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.
Deliver me from blood, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing of Thy righteousness.

O Lord, open my lips: and my mouth shall spring forth Thy praise.
For Thou desires no sacrifice, where others would: with burnt offerings Thou wilt not be delighted.

Sacrifices of God are broken spirits: dejected and contrite hearts, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

Deal favorably, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion: build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with small and large burnt offerings: then shall they lay calves upon your altar.


No comments:

Post a Comment