Saturday, July 9, 2016

In which we set up house (and become a dry cleaner)


Early morning food bank crew


Off to day 2 of front counter training at Master Cleaners


Mommy, Daniel, Sarah Beth and I all went to see Finding Dory together which was hilarious good fun. Then, following a nearly sacred summer tradition, we got Cold Stones ice-cream :) 





Fresh ground coffee and homemade breakfast for two! Sarah Beth waited for me to have breakfast which was so special!! 



After day 3 of training, this time on the bagging line. This is my oh so attractively drenched ("and I do mean drenched"), "whew it's hot in there and I'm very much looking forward to a shower!" face. Imagine that. 


Thrift store shopping. You may be able to guess which two of those books hopped all by themselves into my basket and then crawled up into my own bookshelves. :) 


The first part of the long distance bible study Zachary and I are excited to start came in the mail!!


The last two of the gorgeous (and equally scrumptious) Anna Shea chocolates from Hailey. 


My new bedroom. So thoroughly delighted with the shape it's taking :) 












Long distance Scrabble date, part 2 with Daniel and Sarah Beth! So much fun :) 


A morning drive and Starbucks treat with Mum. The corn is growing like crazy and the Cotton and Peanuts are coming in nicely too! I love home :) The hot smell of growing things hanging in the humid air, the sun on my skin, the rich scent of honeysuckle floating in on the occasional breeze...it's all so dear, so known, so abundantly rich and lovely. 




These need no explanation :) So happy to hear such dear voices again, walking barefoot round in circles in my own back yard and always circling back to twist around in the old board swing. Those talks are just the best!



A little afternoon gardening with Daddy. These are foxgloves he has been growing from seeds and today they got their grownup spots in two different beds!








No comments:

Post a Comment