Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Happy Birthday Dearest...


To the woman who ceaselessly traces every beautiful thing back to it's Sovereign Giver, 
the woman who showed me the peace and gracefulness of a life of order, 
the woman who quietly taught me the beauty of biblical femininity,
to my unspeakably dear Lindsey, Happy Birthday!!

You've stood by me through my darkest hours with both grace and truth,
and shown me how a firm belief in the goodness of God truly evidences itself in a life of practical, expectant hope. You've lived this out, not as a fluffy idealistic dreamer but as a stalwart pilgrim, confident in the sturdiness of the eternal realities you seek to image here in daily life.  You've shown me the fruits of a faithful drenching of the soul in truth and the value of surrounding yourself with God given beauty.  

By your example of willing availability (even when inconvenient), you've quietly changed my view on what biblical community can look like. Christ always, ever at the center, the church merely his willing vessels, prepared to quickly open heart and home to facilitate whatever way he is working among us. You've embodied that with stunning consistency. 

Thank you for being my best friend (even when it's hard) and my second sister. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for the hundreds of hours of life changing conversations. Thank you for feeding my library with books that continue to expand and delight my mind and imagination. Thank you for waking up my heart to the wonder of poetry. Thank you for every long walk and snowy afternoon at Grahams 318 and for hot summer walks to the pier in Jacksonville. Thank you for so confidently and gracefully being who God has called you to be in the midst of a world headed the other direction. You are an oasis for the soul, my dear. Here's to 6 years of friendship and many many more, by the grace of God!! 






































No comments:

Post a Comment