Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My Place of Safety (Psalm 18:2)

The LORD is my rock,
my fortress,
and my savior;
my God is my rock,
in whom I find protection.
He is my shield,
the power that saves me,
and my Place of safety.


The last few weeks have felt very, very full. There were so many small ups and downs in different directions that I felt sort of emotionally motion sick. Dizzy. Desperately wishing to just lie still away from the whizzing traffic and the careering motion of my own life. Longing to arrive and no longer be in transit. But through all my attempts to hide and escape and survive this onslaught of mundane (and individually petty) weights and stresses, my Rock remained faithful. He was my shield. Once again. Undeservedly again. He was the Power that saved me. He was and is my Place of Safety. This post is a monument to his Faithfulness and to his goodness made tangible in the moments that have made up this month.


























































































No comments:

Post a Comment