Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Real Winter and Sleep...

The weekend was incredibly busy and culminated in an equally full monday. Our first real snow came Sunday night, covering everything in a purity which Monday's clear blue skies and bright sunshine would set to sparkling like the ocean on a summer's day. I love snow and I love the crystal clear night skies which follow these winter storms. And last night I loved the chance to slip into bed very early and finally rest. Today started a full 12 hours later....certainly a gift of tangible grace from my Merciful Savior.

This evening I had the pleasure of dinner with a dear young woman and friend at Suzette's in Downtown Wheaton. It was a truly refreshing time and I simply can't wait to do it again soon!! 






And this one's for yesterday: I just love the way shops look at dusk during Christmas time. The intense cold and early darkness makes me look more eagerly into the warmth of indoor spots. The happy smiles of customers and the soft light and the rich reds of Christmas decorations make me almost chuckle out loud with happiness and anticipation: that holy theme of Advent.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why there wasn't a new post when I woke up this morning! Twelve hours of sleep is a very good reason!

    ReplyDelete