Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12/19/12

1) Decent travel progress despite a later start than planned this morning. Thankful for safety so far and a comfortable place to spend the night here in the Horse Capital of the World. I love Kentucky!

2) Grace to finish the last large project early this morning and then still enough brain power to work on tying up the smaller assignments of the week in the car.

3) For this poem. A find myself echoing a few of the lines in my own prayers today.


Batter my heart, three person'd God; for, you 
As yet but knocke, breathe, shine, and seeke to mend; 
That I may rise, and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend 
Your force, to breake, blowe, burn and make me new. 
I, like an usurpt towne, to another due, 
Labour to admit you, but Oh, to no end, 
Reason your viceroy in me, me should defend, 
But is captiv'd, and proves weake or untrue. 
Yet dearly I love you, and would be loved faine, 
But am betroth'd unto your enemie: 
Divorce me, untie, or breake that knot againe; 
Take me to you, imprison me, for I 
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free, 
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.

(John Donne)

No comments:

Post a Comment