Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wednesday and Thursday: Savoring the little things...

Wednesday 

1) Homemade Carmel Popcorn (thank you Mrs. Brigham!!! :)
2) A much needed, long awaited talk with a friend
3) Dancing alone by moonlight


Thursday


Invigorating afternoon walk! It was so refreshing to have those five miles of fresh air and warm blood pumping through my veins just before this evenings dress rehearsal and chamber coaching.  


As I walked these richly fragrant paths, I read page after page of Cavalier poetry. I have such a tough life, y'all. I actually have to read poetry for homework! Basically I am living my dream...



I don't know how long I spent staring up at this giant old tree. This picture doesn't begin to do it justice in all of its twisty gnarls and massive spreading reach. 


Dinner out with Jaime! We split this incredible hunk of delicousness.  


And then finished it off with these. How I love adventures with this girl!! :) 


And today I'm thankful for soft comfy shirts and ball caps. They just made this afternoon's walk that much better. 


Finally, a few of my favorite lines from today: 


"Give me a look, give me a face
That makes simplicity a grace; 
Robes loosely flowing, hair as free -
Such sweet neglect more taketh me 
Than all the adulteries of art. 
They strike mine eyes, but not my heart."

(Ben Jonson, Still to Be Neat, 1609) 

No comments:

Post a Comment